Monday, May 3, 2010

Blessed by God

We are so blessed! Last Friday, we finally signed the papers on our new home and moved in. We never expected at this time of our lives to buy a home. This is a young couple's dream come true in their golden years. We are exhausted from moving, but so thrilled to have our own home. Rather than post a few pictures, I've made another slide show with April's progress on the home, our signing at escrow, etc. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.



There are so many things to do when you purchase a newly constructed home. We had no idea how complicated it could be and the delays that could happen. We were truly disappointed when the closing date was moved by about 4 weeks. We moved here to watch the house go up, but staying in a hotel/suites was tough to say the least. Praise God we were able to make it for nearly 3 months in that tiny place. We were always anxious for news. Our real estate agent, Gaby tried very hard to keep us informed, but with the sales office here, mortgage in Colorado and title company in Arizona, there were a lot of glitches. I have to admit that my patience was tried.

At the "suites" we met a lot of people who were as we, waiting to move to a new home or apartment. There were others more transient and some who were downright scary. By the grace of God we were blissfully untouched by the goings on and the staff there was really helpful. We made friends with a real nice couple from Arizona. They were able to find a wonderful mobile home to live in.

And here we are, living what looked 6 years ago like an impossible dream. Back then we were readying ourselves to leave Mexico and retire. Rob came back to the U.S. in June 2004, Andrea in July and I came in August. We had no place to live except for the kindness of our friend Hank, who later rented us the little house we called home for 5 years. On to the new adventure!!


7 comments:

Barbara said...

Congradulations!!!

Heli gunner Tom said...

I am so happy for you two!

A move at my age would most likely kill me.

God Bless you!

Tom and Sharon Schuckman

Carolyn said...

Penny, I am so thrilled for you and Rob! After all of what you guys have done and been through, I am really happy things have worked out this way for you. I pray you both lots of peace, love and happiness in your new home! God Bless!

Astaryth said...

Congratulations... I am so happy for the both of you!

Donna. W said...

Wow, a brand new house! That's something I've never dared to even dream about.

Jeannette said...

If anyone deserves a brand new home it's you and Rob! Congratulations, enjoy all that space after being so cramped recently! Jeannette xx

Darlene said...

Wow! Congratulations on your new home and all the new happenings in your life!!! I sell new homes; it's so exciting to watch the people watch their new home going up!! We have them make all their selections up front and we build a new home in 90 days. As long as nothing weird happens in their financing, they close the day their set to close. I love helping make people happy! You guys look so happy! And you and your sisters look wonderful!

Love ya!
Darlene Johnston